What are Alloy ID Kits?
Koslow Scientific Company manufactures equipment used for sorting metals.
Fabricators and Quality Control Engineers need to verify the right type of metal for their application. Some metals are specified for their hardness, corrosion resistance or other characteristics. Koslow equipment like many other commercially acceptable recognized methods utilizes two types of inexpensive methods to help learn alloy type.
|Spot Test Kit Method||Thermo-Electric Alloy Sorter Method|
The Spot Test method uses select chemical solutions in a one ounce bottle. When a drop is placed in contact with a metal the development of a color spot indicates one of the alloy’s elements. By learning which elements are present or not- a quick and easy determination can be obtained. Please see the product video demonstration or the instruction manual for a more detailed explanation.
The TE-method works on a similar principle as a thermo couple. Two dissimilar metals in contact generating a tiny voltage. The number of volts is characteristic of the type of metal. This technology is excellent for alloy sorting. Please see the product video demonstration or the instruction manual for a more detailed explanation.
Sort and Identify
- Stainless Steels
- Low Alloy Steels
- Tool Steels
- Nickel & Cobalt Alloys
- Aluminum Alloys
- Plated Metal Coatings
- Brasses/ Bronzes
Plus These Elements:
Aluminum, carbon, chromium, cobalt, copper, gold, iron, lead, magnesium, magnesium silicide, molybdenum, nickel, silver, sulfur, titanium, tungsten, vanadium and zinc.
- Verify alloy type: Pipes, Tanks, Wire, and Parts… Any size, Any shape
- Reclaim valuable scrap metal
- Detects coatings and plating’s (plasma) on conductive and nonconductive alloys
- Check material type for critical welds
- Inspect incoming stock
- Quality Control for outgoing parts
- Alloy verification before repair or welding work
- The fastest metal sorter available
- Thermo-electric is an approved test method
- Low cost metal verification
- Classify unmarked alloys